Manager, Global Hospitality and Events
New York, NY
April 21, 2017
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Events, the Manager, Global Hospitality & Events will be a cross-functional position, supporting External and Internal events, with a specialty focus on Hospitality. This role will lead the completion of events from beginning to end in the NYC office and market. High attention to detail and the ability to pre-emptively forecast client and guest needs is a must in this position.
What will you do?
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management
- Direct and manage event development to include but not limited to scheduling meetings/site visits, budgets, contracts, and hotel accommodations, shipping and fulfillment of materials
- Maintain event registration lists, project plans, databases and attendee communications
- Ensure timely execution of key deliverables and support materials
- Hosting of Office Tours for invited guests
- Develop and manage key internal and external partnerships
- Build and maintain event databases and project sites
- Create and manage all graphics and promotional items ordered with the brand marketing team and outside vendors
- Create and manage billing, invoicing and expensing for various events
- Partner with business leaders in New York Office to ensure that all event needs are proactively managed, seamlessly integrating with the Events team based in Baltimore
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE, DONE, DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Demonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Demonstrates understanding of local cultural practices. Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What else have you accomplished?
- BA/BS degree required in hospitality management, business, marketing, events or communications
- 5-7 years of experience in the Hospitality and/or Events Operations industry industry including administrative, project management, presentation customer service experience
- Must be detail oriented, people person, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond in a calm and professional manner to questions from groups of Executives, VIPs, Managers, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
- Extensive attention to detail required – ability to think of every detail from top to bottom and present ideas in a concise and legible manner
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Can react to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities and has the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be available and willing to travel, work weekends, and odd hours for on-site events, as needed.
- Passion/knowledge of the sporting and/or hospitality industry preferred, but not required.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This post is also available in: